[Nagiosplug-help] Error compiling 1.4b1 on Solaris 9

Wilson Pires Jr wp.junior at terra.com.br
Thu Jan 6 04:54:21 CET 2005

Hello all.

I can't compile nagios-plugins 1.4b1 on Solaris 9. I don't know about
programming and compilation, so I just follow the README instructions.

The error I get is:

gcc  -g -O2  -L. -L/lib -o check_smtp  check_smtp.o netutils.o utils.o
../lib/libnagiosplug.a ../lib/libcoreut
ils.a  -lnsl -lsocket -lresolv -lssl -lcrypto ../intl/libintl.a  -lgen
-lsocket
terminate                           check_smtp.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to check_smtp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check_smtp'
Current working directory /u01/wilson/nagios-plugins-1.4-beta1/plugins
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /u01/wilson/nagios-plugins-1.4-beta1
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Could anybody help me with this?

Regards,

Wilson Pires