[Nagiosplug-help] check_radius Auth Error (sgn)

rodolphe.cahen at quiconnect.com rodolphe.cahen at quiconnect.com
Fri Jan 7 03:29:25 CET 2005

Hello,

I am using a Mandrake 10.1 with nagios-1.2 , nagios-plugins-1.3.1-10 and
radiusclient-0.3.2-0.

All me services and plugins are set-up (including conf files for
radiusclient) and running.

My problem is the check_radius plugin.

If I launch a check_radius request from the command line, i am getting
an "Auth OK".

If I run nagios, the same request gets a "Auth Error".

I have double checks all my nagios conf files, includind macro def and
directory links. I have also checked files ownerchip ...

Does any one have a clue ??

Her's sample of my conf files:

==== checkcommands.cfg ====

# 'check_radius-test' command definition
define command{
         command_name    check_radius-test
         command_line    $USER1$/check_radius -v -H my_radius_server -F
/etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf -u my_user_test at my_radius_server -p
my_user_test_password -P 1812
         }

==== services.cfg ====

define service {
         host_name                       my_radius_server
         service_description             check_radius
         is_volatile                     0
         check_period                    24x7
         max_check_attempts              3
         normal_check_interval           5
         retry_check_interval            1
         contact_groups                  admin
         notification_interval           60
         notification_period             24x7
         notification_options            w,u,c,r
         check_command                   check_radius-test
         }

==== command-plugins.cfg ====

command[check_radius]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_radius $ARG1$ $ARG2$
$HOSTADDRESS$ 1812 $ARG3$

==== resources.cfg ====

# Sets $USER1$ to be the path to the plugins
$USER1$=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins

==== ls -la /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/ ====
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nagios   apache      16883 Apr 26  2004 check_radius