[Nagiosplug-help] odd nrpe and check_disk issue

Rudy Montemayor RMontemayor at huntoil.com
Tue Jan 18 08:04:32 CET 2005

Tom,

I not sure if you have gotten any feedback on your problem/question, but
try doing "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk --help"; this will maybe
show you where you may be going wrong. Also what does your
"check_command" in the service definition look like for checking /var on
hosta in your services.cfg file and then verify that command name in
your checkcommands.cfg file.

If I'm reading your email correctly it appears that you have hard coded
the "80 90 /var" into the nrpe.cfg file in hosta, usually these are
arguments that are passed to it so that the same command can be used for
other filesystems (/opt, /usr, etc.).

Usage: check_disk -w limit -c limit [-p path]

The "limit" can be either in kilobytes or in percentage (%). So if you
want Warning at 80% full and Critical at 90% full the command would look
like:

check_disk -w 20% -c 10% -p /var

I hope some of this helps.

Rudy