[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE allowed_hosts directive doesn't work?

Austen Constable awc at caughtincrossfire.com
Tue Jul 12 06:24:18 CEST 2005

Hi Eli

I've been faced with the exact same problem on gentoo that you've
 had. I've been banging my head against a brick wall for ages now...

It turns out that you can't use a space when listing the allowed
 ip's in nrpe.cfg

I had :

allowed_hosts=127.0.0.1, XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

which didn't work at all...

When I changed it to :

allowed_hosts=127.0.0.1,XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

it works perfectly!

Something tells me it's a little oversight in the code for nrpe...

Hope this works for you...I know that there are lots of people out
 there suffering from the same problem...

Cheers

Austen

- Austen Constable (awconstable)

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagiosplug-help.32.0.html?&tx_maillisttofaq
_pi1[showUid]=7969