[Nagiosplug-help] Re: Can't compile NagiosPlugins 1.4 on Gentoo (was: Trouble compiling 1.4 plugins)

Justin Shore justin.shore at sktbcs.com
Tue Jul 19 22:53:06 CEST 2005

I hadn't thought about forcing the make and install.  I figured other things were broken as well.  However that fixed me up.  Everything seems to be working, minus the radius plugin of course.

Isn't each plugin a package, in the sense of configure and make?  I know I read about using --without-check_radius somewhere before I tried it.  I can see the usefulness in being able to disable a given plugin in case the host OS has problems and simply can not support a requirement of that plugin (such as in my case).  Anyhow it's all up and working so I’m happy.  If I'd had any other choice of box I'd not have built the noc on this Sun 280R.  I've had numerous architectural issues crop up when compiling various things.  It also hasn't helped that this is my first Gentoo install.

Thanks for your assistance.
 Justin