[Nagiosplug-help] check_ping

admin at jpk236.com admin at jpk236.com
Tue May 10 08:18:32 CEST 2005

# 'check_ping' command definition
define command{
         command_name    check_ping
         command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$
-c $ARG2$ -p 5
         }

define service{
         use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

         host_name                       hostname
         service_description             PING
         is_volatile                     0
         check_period                    24x7
         max_check_attempts              3
         normal_check_interval           3
         retry_check_interval            1
         contact_groups                  Admins
         notification_interval           10
         notification_period             24x7
         notification_options            u,c,r
         check_command                   check_ping!750.0,10%!1000.0,50%
         }

nagios>./check_ping -H xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -w 750.0,10% -c 1000.0,50% -p 5
PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.19 ms

I can run it from the command line now.  However, the other night when I
tried to do this same thing check_ping was core dumping (the web
interface was displaying Return code of 139 is out of bounds).  The
problem seems to be intermittent.

  - Justin Kulikowski
	[ http://www.jpk236.com ]