[Nagiosplug-help] Fail to telnet NRPE port (5666)

eugene eugene at mnc.com.my
Wed May 18 13:03:15 CEST 2005

Guy,

I got some question as below,

> On my hosts (RHEL3), I had to allow connections to NRPE from the Nagios
> host in /etc/hosts.allow, so TCP wrappers do seem to affect access to
> xinetd services (at least on RHEL3).

- Do you mean i need to allow the IP of my nagios server?
I had done it > ALL: X.X.X.X

> Looks good (I think)... how soon does the connection close after saying
> 'Connected to ...'? If it is immediately, it may be something like TCP
> wrappers, or the 'only from ...' line in your /etc/xinetd.d/nrpe file.

It disconnetec after few seconds (3-5 sec)

> Have you tried running the check_load command on the remote machine? Does
> it work?

How to run it? what is the command? I thought it only can run on nagios
server?

> If it does, what happens when you call the 'check_load' command on the
> remote machine using check_nrpe on the Nagios host? Does it work?

1 more question,
Do I need to install nagios plugins in Remote machine? Cause i only install
plugin in Nagios server

Thanks for the reply again :) Still need ur help

Regards,
Eugene