[Nagiosplug-help] Fail to telnet NRPE port (5666)

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Thu May 19 07:47:07 CEST 2005

eugene schrieb am 19.05.2005 03:14:
> Guy,
>
> Thank You for the help :)
>
> Unfortunately I still get this while i use the below command in Nagios
> server
>
> ./check_nrpe -H 10.1.8.248 -c check_load -a 5 6
> CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.
>
> Do you have any idea? What are the documentation you refer to previously
> when u setup NRPE plugin?
> Can i have it please?
>
> Regards,
> Eugene

Eugene,

if you do not want to do a search through older mails :-> in this list, you
may append -n to the command line on both nagios host an monitored client.
In my case, I use "check_nrpe -n -H ...." on the nagios host and "nrpe -c
/etc/nrpe.cfg -n --inetd" on the monitored host.

When you search long enough you may find the info that -n disables SSL
communication. And when you search a bit more, you will find the way you
can create and share the certificates that are needed for SSL ;-)

HTH,
Werner