[Nagiosplug-help] Check_procs- Always get a warning?

Ralph Seichter nagios-ml at sentries.org
Sat Nov 12 03:54:37 CET 2005

Steve Barron wrote:

> I always get a warning "PROCS WARNING: 1 process with command name
> 'snort'"

Try this:

  $ strings check_procs  | grep '/ps'
  /bin/ps axwo 'stat uid pid ppid vsz rss pcpu comm args'

Enter the second line, which depends on your version of the plugin, in
a shell and see if it returns a warning. Old versions of check_procs
used "/bin/ps -xyz", and the additional "-" is reported as being
obsolete for some versions of ps, causing ps to return a warning code
with the result string. Check the args for ps, I suspect that's where
the problem is.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter