[Nagiosplug-help] problems with nrpe on windows

Phil Hopkins pkhopkins at bexarmet.org
Tue Oct 18 15:44:34 CEST 2005

I am trying to use nagios to monitor services on a windows server. I seem to
have my nagios machine running fine but is continuously show the service to
be down. I have nrpe_nt installed and running on a XP machine. The Services
utility shows the "Nagios Remote Plugin" to be running. The event log shows
the service to be starting correctly and it is receiving connections from my
nagios system - Here are the entries in the event log:
NRPE_NT: connection attempt from 192.168.0.10 on post 32394
NRPE_NT: Host address checks out ok
NRPE_NT: Host is asking for command 'service_nrpe_nt' to be run
NRPE_NT:Command 'service_nrpe_nt' not defined

I have this entry in nrpe.cfg:

command[service_nrpe_nt]=C:\nagios\bin\service_nrpe_nt.exe "Event Log"

if I run C:\nagios\bin\service_nrpe_nt.exe "Event Log"
from a command prompt I get:
Event Log OK

What else needs to be done? any help will be appreciated.The process of
getting plugin's running is very poorly documented. I would be happy to help
document it.