[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE dies immediately

nagios.list nagios.list at techgod.net
Thu Sep 15 12:48:15 CEST 2005

I have NRPE installed on many servers working fine.  I have installed
it, and the plugins on two servers where it simply dies.

looking in /var/log/messages I see

nrpe: nrpe startup succeeded
nrpe[14872]: Network server bind failure (98: Address already in use)

I'm not sure what to make of this error.  NRPE and the installed plugins
are current, and everything have been setup the same as the working
servers.  Of the two not working, one is red hat 9.0 & the other is red
hat 7.3.

could anyone put me on track as to how to fix this? or at least more
info on this error.

Wayne