[Nagiosplug-help] check_mysql skipped on RHEL 4.1

Jason Bodnar jason at shakabuku.org
Fri Sep 16 16:11:09 CEST 2005

Wow. That's scary. I know nothing about the guts of configure scripts and I'm
guessing any changes I made would really need to be made in the autoconf stuff?

Perhaps the person who wrote the mysql section of configure might be able to
fix this. I think the fix is rather than having elif sections for every
possible location of the mysql libs (if --with-mysql is NOT specified) there
just need to be one test for the existence of mysql_config:

if test $(type -p mysql_config); then ...

If mysql_config exists then the test need to do:

LIBS="$(mysql_config --libs $LIBS)"

The same thing probably needs to be done for the header checks.

I might still try to give it a shot after I get all my system monitoring set
up but until then I'll just be doing the search and replace I mentioned before.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:05:16 -0500, Jason Bodnar wrote