[Nagiosplug-help] Check_dig returning warning state incorrectly

Hans Engelen engelenh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 03:04:13 CEST 2005

On 9/26/05, Ton Voon <tonvoon at mac.com> wrote:

>  On 26 Sep 2005, at 10:34, Hans Engelen wrote:
>
>  I agree, so I took a look at you configure script and I think the problem
> is kind of simple. It seems to me the regexp that triggers the check for the
> spopen problem is too restrictive. I am talking about this line :
>  > if echo $ac_cv_uname_r | egrep "\.EL$" >/dev/null 2>&1 ; then
> > echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking for redhat spopen problem" >&5
>  This if I am not mistaken will not for the smp kernel where uname -r
> returns something like :
>  > [root at box]# uname -r
> > 2.6.9-17.ELsmp
>  A reply that does not trigger your IF I think resulting in the spopen
> workaround never getting tested or even activated.
>  Mind you this is just a quick deduction I made. Forgive me if it is wrong
> or I am jumping to conclusions.
>

> Good observation. Can you change the configure script so the line is:
>
>  egrep "\.EL(smp)?$"
>
>  and see whether this works? I'll update CVS when you've confirmed.
>
>  Ton

 I think this is the line I should get from configure then :
 > checking for redhat spopen problem... error

So far (and I have manually ran a check_dig about 50 times now where before
I would get a warning once every ten tries) all seems well with the plugin
too.
 However, I am wondering if even this regexp is enough. I think there is a
third kind of kernel used by Red Hat, the hugemem kernel. Personally not one
I am using over here so not sure what that returns on a uname -r.
 Either way, seems my check_dig is back on track, thanks.
 Cheers,
 Hans