[Nagiosplug-help] check_fileage on Windows 2003

Paul Ashbrook paul.ashbrook at salford.gov.uk
Fri Apr 14 19:38:02 CEST 2006

Here's an interesting problem....

Before yesterday afternoon, the check_fileage.wsf plugin that I
 used to monitor a log file worked well.

Yesterday afternoon, I changed a registry entry in order to fix
 a bug in the application software.  Despite setting the "Regional
 settings" to United Kingdom format, the registry entry "HKEY_USERS\.DEFA
ULT\Control Panel\International\sShortDate" was set to M/d/yyyy
 - USA format.

I changed this to d/M/yyyy - UK format and rebooted the server.
  My application bug is fixed, but my nrpe_nt plugin doesn't work
 properly.  An example of the output is "The file E:\test\test.log
 Is older than -339830 minutes. ".

Any suggestions?  Has anyone else had this problem?  Does anyone
 know of an alternative plugin to check the age of a file?

- Paul Ashbrook (paulashbrook)