[Nagiosplug-help] how can i check root partition space of aremotehost

Doctor Doo notifymesam at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 13:28:35 CET 2006

dear Ralph,

  My  check_disk2 command only outputs that - "the disk is /dev/hdb1 OK" but it does not show any details. actually, i want to know the free space of the "/ " partition of my remote host.

  I would like to know the little modification which is required to make "check_disk1" or "check_disk2 " to show the status of the root partition of the remote host.

  please help

  regards,
  Towfique Hasan

Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de wrote:
  I am not quite sure,
but I think the check commands in nrpe.cfg must refer to actual
executables on the nrpe host, i.e. where the nrpe daemon is
running
stand-alone, or by (x)inetd, depending on your nrpe
configuration.
So if you do an

ls /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_local_disk

would most likely yield a "no such file or directory" error.

But doesn't your check_disk2 command definition, which looks ok,
satisfy your needs?