[Nagiosplug-help] Install Nagios Plugins 1.4.5

Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de
Fri Dec 8 15:48:25 CET 2006

> Eelco Driel wrote:
>
> I’m trying to install Nagios Plugins version 1.4.5 on version
2.6 of Nagios. However, I’m constantly are getting a > few
errors:
> First I trying to configure it with the following line (as
described in your README): ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios
--with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagios
--with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin. This
> gives the following error: configure: error: --with-nagios-user
is a deprecated option. This is also with the
--with-nagios-group. Without these 2 options it configured right.
I assume you don't have the mysql libs nor header files on your
system.
Or you have them in a subdir unknown to configure.

If the latter is the case try giving configure the
--with-mysql=/path/to/mysql
switch.
If you don't have the mysql prerequisites installed, and don't
need the check_mysql plugin
try giving it a --without-mysql