[Nagiosplug-help] check_mysql - Cant locate client libraries

Jamie Learmonth jamielists at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 3 07:49:07 CET 2006

Hi,

I am using nagios-plugins-1.4.2 , and MySQL-client-5.0.9-0,
MySQL-devel-5.0.9-0 and MySQL-shared-5.0.9-0 . My client libraries are in
/usr/local/lib/mysql rather than /usr/lib/mysql . The check_mysql plugin
doesnt compile unless I use the configure option --with-mysql=/usr/local .
However, once check_mysql is compiled, whenever running it it complains that
it cant find the client libraries :

./check_mysql: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.15:

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks

Jamie