[Nagiosplug-help] check_disk problem

Guillaume silencer at free-4ever.net
Wed Jul 12 23:21:48 CEST 2006

Vinay Kumar a écrit :
> I am having problems with check_disk reporting incorrect values for free
> disk space. I am seeing accross various linux machines.
>
> The version i am running is
> check_disk (nagios-plugins 1.4.3) 1.64
>
> The problem i am seeing the following..
>
> [root at caitmon plugins]# ./check_disk -w 20% -c 10% -p /data
> DISK OK - free space: /data 17652 MB (95% inode=100%);|
> /data=1025MB;14941;16809;99;18677
>
> [root at caitmon plugins]# df -k /data
> Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/sda10            19125300     77888  18075884   1% /data
>

> If you see the above results. The free space check_disk is "95%".
> Whereas df
> -k saying it is 99%. And also the perfdata is also does not match the free
> space.
>
> /vinay

Hi,

I've already seen this problem. It is due to a simple thing.
Some applications are using 1Ko is 1000 and some others are using 1Ko is
1024

So, on big space, the difference could be important when calculating the
free space.

Regards
Guillaume

--
Guillaume
E-mail: silencer_<at>_free-4ever_<dot>_net