[Nagiosplug-help] RedHat ES4

Robert Bernard R.E.Bernard at bcs.org.uk
Tue Jun 6 17:17:12 CEST 2006

Dear Plugin Developers,

I have just tried to build plugins on

Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 3)

Using the command:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-
group=nagios --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin

ends with ...

======================%<---------------------
    :
    :
checking for xlC_r... no
checking for xlC... no
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking dependency style of g++... none
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

======================%<---------------------

The config.log ends ...
=======================
    :
    :
with_trusted_path=''

## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##

#define HAVE_DLFCN_H 1
#define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
#define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
#define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
#define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
#define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
#define HAVE_STRING_H 1
#define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
#define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
#define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
#define PACKAGE "nagios-plugins"
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
#define PACKAGE_NAME "nagios-plugins"
#define PACKAGE_STRING "nagios-plugins 1.4.3"
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME "nagios-plugins"
#define PACKAGE_VERSION "1.4.3"
#define STDC_HEADERS 1
#define VERSION "1.4.3"
#define _GNU_SOURCE 1
#define __EXTENSIONS__ 1
#endif
#ifdef __cplusplus
void exit (int);

configure: exit 1

I have been able to build on RedHat ES4 although it hung first time at
"checking for redhat spopen problem...".
I ran the check by hand "cd config_test && make && make test" which takes anot
15 secs and returns 0, then ran the configure again and it completed second
time.

Thanks for any help

Robert Bernard