[Nagiosplug-help] Plugins

Robert Lowe Robert.H.Lowe at lawrence.edu
Wed Mar 22 07:50:01 CET 2006

Places wrote:

Ronald,

> Can anyone please lead me in the right direction as how I can use nagios to
> check for things on another server like check_load, check_procs etc?
>
> I have got my Nagios to work 100 % and can get Nagios to tell me if the
> other server is up and for ssh, but would like to check for load etc too.

NRPE... from the Nagios website:

NRPE is an addon for Nagios that allows you to execute "local" plugins
(like check_disk, check_procs, etc.) on remote hosts. The check_nrpe
plugin is called from Nagios and makes plugin execution requests to the
NRPE daemon running on the remote host (either as a standalone daemon or
as a service under inetd). Supports passing command arguments to server,
as well as native SSL/TLS encryption (anonymous DH mode).

-Robert