[Nagiosplug-help] Help with negate and check_http

Tong Young Tong at ingenio.com
Mon May 8 17:19:18 CEST 2006

I am trying to use the negate command with check_http.  I want to search
a whitelist webpage for my website and if anyone puts me up for spamming
I want to know.  So if someone has me on their spam list it will display
a red column next to their name which negate should send back to me as a
critical error.

Here is my config:

# Check spam
define service{
        use                             internet-service-spam
        host_name                       xxxx
        service_description             Spam 1
        check_command
check_negate!www.dnsstuff.com!/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx!\'red\'
        }

Miscommands.cfg
# ' check_negate ' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_negate
        command_line    $USER1$/check_negate -t 60 "$USER1$/check_http
-H $ARG1$ -u $ARG2$ -s $ARG3$ -t 70 -L"
        }

I am getting error "return code of 127 is out of bounds..."

I have tried at the command line

negate "check_http -H www.dnsstuff.com"

and I get a timeout.  I have tried against a local webserver on my lan
and I also get timeouts.

I have tried raising the timeouts to 60 seconds but the same error
occurs.

The check_http command runs fine as long as I don't use the "negate"
command in front.  So I'm wondering what I am doing wrong.  Thanks!