[Nagiosplug-help] Help with check_dhcp and check_disk_smb

Michael Miller mmiller at orcasinc.com
Wed Nov 1 23:00:43 CET 2006

I'm having a issue with check_dhcp and check_disk_smb.

check_dhcp will not work for me.  I build the nagios plugins 1.4.4
tarball as the user nagios and I also ran the make install-root like the
README file told me too do.
I am getting this error "Error: Could not bind socket to interface eth0.
Check your privileges..." so I checked the privileges and they look like
this.

-r-sr-x---  1 nagios nagios  67642 Nov  1 13:46 check_dhcp

$ ./check_dhcp -V
check_dhcp (nagios-plugins 1.4.4) 1.5

I can run the check_dhcp plugin as root just fine.

check_disk_smb is also giving me problems as well. I'm using $USER2$ to
set the share name and I've tried using $ARG1$ as well.
The error that I am getting is this. "Invalid warning threshold: -s"

This is what my checkcommand.cfg file looks like.

define command{
        command_name    check_disk_smb
        command_line    $USER1$/check_disk_smb -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -s
$USER2$

When I run the check_disk_smb via cmd as the nagios user it runs just
fine.

$ ./check_disk_smb -H HOSTNAME -s SOMESHARE
Domain=[SOMENTDOMAIN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba X.X.X]
Disk ok - 606.77G (29%) free on \\hostname\SOMESHARE

$ ./check_disk_smb -V
check_disk_smb (nagios-plugins 1.4.4) 1.13
The nagios plugins come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You may
redistribute
copies of the plugins under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.