[Nagiosplug-help] check_hpjd problems will community strings longer than 6 characters

Jonathan Weinraub jweinraub at visionresearch.com
Thu Nov 30 18:02:26 CET 2006

I set the community string for this printer and if it is more than 6
characters it times out, if it is 6 or less it will connect but return:

It is an HP 2600n.  I have not tested this on other 2600's but I have
several 1300n's and they all work with my current settings.

If I have a 6 char or less community string i get an error returned as shown

./check_hpjd -H 10.1.3.6 -C public
Error in packet (ã=)

if the password is > 6 char i get no response from host

./check_hpjd -H 10.1.3.6 -C public1
Timeout: No Response from 10.1.3.6. : Timeout from host 10.1.3.6

The rest of my HP printers all work with more than 6-chars.  They are
1320's though.

Any help is appreciated because I am unsure where to go from here.

The settings far as i can tell on this printer is identical to other
printers that i have currently working.

any ideas please - i really need this to be sorted out soon!

regards and Thx
--
Jonathan Weinraub