[Nagiosplug-help] check_udp "IKE" port 500

Bill Miller bmiller at atlasgroup.net
Tue Oct 10 15:52:47 CEST 2006

Hi list

I am trying to monitor an IKE post for activity with "checl_udp"
 and of course without a payload it won't respond, just times out.
  I have tied to past in the payload captured on a working IKE exchange
 in an nmap scan but is contains non-ascii data that won't append
 to the script.

QUESTIONS:

1.  Has anyone successfully monitored the IKE port (500) with Nagios?

2.  Has anyone had a similar experience with a CHECK_UDP monitor
 that may have a trick or two you could relate?

3.  Can anyone suggest a different plug-in or other way in which
 I can accomplish the same think?

Thanks for you assist.

Bill

bmiller232