[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE: Command 'check_csdatabak' not defined : help needed

rahul ramasubramanian rahul_chucks at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 14 07:23:50 CEST 2006

hi ...
i have written a plugin which checks whether a given process is alive on a
remote host...
i have put the executable in the libexe directory where all other plugin
executables reside.
i added the  service and the  command to minimal.cfg on the machine where
nagios is running
and defined the command on nrpe.cfg on the host machine ..
i restarted nagios on the main machine and nrpe daemon on the remote host...

the error message i keep getting is
NRPE: Command 'check_csdatabak' not defined

i am stuck with this problem for the last couple of days with no resolution
..
the executable check_csdatabak is working fine when run on the command line
of remote machine

NAGIOS is running on a linux ( RHEL ) box
and remote host is a HPUX Box
the command is not violating any size restictions as far as i can see....
the command does not take any command line args .. is it mandatory for a
plugin to take command line args even if it has no usae for them ??

plz help me to resolve this issue
any help in this regard will be highly appriciated
Kind Regards
Rahul