[Nagiosplug-help] Found an error in the Nagios MIB

jan-terje.larsen at telenor.com jan-terje.larsen at telenor.com
Tue Sep 12 07:29:58 CEST 2006

Hi list,

Can't seem to find anything in the archives regarding this minor problem.

I have downloaded the Nagios MIB's here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=29880&package_id=153315

When compiling NAGIOS-NOTIFY-MIB with MG-Soft MIB-Compiler I get this error:
Error 28 : Item "nHostNotifyNum" in sequence "HostNotifyEntry" has conflicting syntax specified

Looking at the MIB file I find there is a mismatch between these two sections:

HostNotifyEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
  nHostNotifyType    NotifyType,
  nHostNotifyNum     Integer32,
  nHostAckAuthor     OCTET STRING,
  nHostAckComment    OCTET STRING
  }

nHostNotifyType  OBJECT-TYPE
  SYNTAX     NotifyType
  MAX-ACCESS read-only
  STATUS     current
  DESCRIPTION
    "This identifies the type of notification that is being sent
    (PROBLEM, RECOVERY, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, FLAPPINGSTART or FLAPPINGSTOP)"
  ::= { nagiosHostNotifyEntry 1 }

I guess the object type definition is right and that the HostNotifyEntry sequence should be corrected.

Best Regards,
Jan-Terje