[Nagiosplug-help] nagios-plugins-1.4.7 -d:No such file or directory

Don Munyak don.munyak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 22:46:07 CEST 2007

I think I see where/why the error is occuring

/nagios/po/Makefile.in

prefix = /usr/local/etc/nagios
exec_prefix = ${prefix}
datarootdir = @datarootdir@
datadir = ${prefix}/share
localedir = ${datadir}/locale
gettextsrcdir = $(datadir)/gettext/po

I elected to use the prefix paramter /usr/local/etc/nagios, instead of
/usr/local/, during ./configure

# ./configure -C --prefix=/usr/local/etc/nagios
--with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin --with-nagios-user=nagios
--with-nagios-group=nagios

This was a choice I made since my application were all installed under
/usr/local/etc
This makes 'datadir' out of synch since share is really located at
/usr/local/share and not /uar/local/etc/nagios/share.
This likewise effects 'localedir' and 'gettextsrcdir'

So I tried to create a softlink

# ln -s /usr/local/share/locale /usr/local/etc/nagios/share/locale
# ln -s /usr/local/share/gettext /usr/local/etc/nagios/share/gettext

Then again,

# ./configure ....
# make
# make install

Still get the same error.

I was reluctant to hard-coding the path for 'localedir' and
'gettextsrcdir', without knowing how it would impact the "make
install" script. Plus...the file comment header said not to modify :)

Anyone have any other ideas

Don