[Nagiosplug-help] Changing Default Port Settings

tom.welsh at bt.com tom.welsh at bt.com
Thu Aug 2 14:15:15 CEST 2007

Hi Richard,

You just need to specify the port number as a parameter to your Plugin.

Heres what it says about check_ssh

 ./check_ssh --help
check_ssh (nagios-plugins 1.4.3) 1.27
Copyright (c) 1999 Remi Paulmier <remi at sinfomic.fr>
Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Nagios Plugin Development Team
        <nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>

Try to connect to an SSH server at specified server and port

<host>

 -h, --help
    Print detailed help screen
 -V, --version
    Print version information
 -H, --hostname=ADDRESS
    Host name, IP Address, or unix socket (must be an absolute path)
 -p, --port=INTEGER
    Port number (default: 22)
 -4, --use-ipv4
    Use IPv4 connection
 -6, --use-ipv6
    Use IPv6 connection
 -t, --timeout=INTEGER
    Seconds before connection times out (default: 10)
 -r, --remote-version=STRING
    Warn if string doesn't match expected server version (ex:
OpenSSH_3.9p1)
 -v, --verbose
    Show details for command-line debugging (Nagios may truncate output)

Send email to nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net if you have questions
regarding use of this software. To submit patches or suggest
improvements,
send email to nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net

Regards

Tom