[Nagiosplug-help] Sending Alerts to Nagios by Email?

Lars Stavholm stava at telcotec.se
Fri Aug 3 12:59:13 CEST 2007

Ingo Lantschner wrote:
> Hi,
> before I reinvent the wheel: Is there a plugin which reads either a
> local mbox-file or POP/IMAP-Account and sets the service state in
> Nagios based on patterns in subject or mail-body?

This might do:

<http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Communication.41.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=135>

Quote:
This addon provides an alternative way to send service check results
from remote hosts back to Nagios. It was developed in order to get
around modifying firewall configurations to allow for the use of the
NRPE and NSCA addons. Currently it uses email to send the service check
results to the Nagios host, but it can easily be extended to use other
protocols like nntp or ftp.

I've been planning to test this one for a while, never got around to it.

Good Luck
/Lars