[Nagiosplug-help] Undefined symbols in nagios-plugin make

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Thu Aug 9 14:49:13 CEST 2007

* Johannes Kingma <johannes.kingma at united-mobile.com> [2007-08-09 13:20]:
> Trying to build the nagios-plugin-1.4.9 on a unixware machine. After
> tweaking lib/utils_base.c und plugins/check_disk.c (containing //
> style comments which is not C)

It's C99 ;-)  The comment in utils_base.c was fixed in SVN already, I
fixed the comment in check_disk.c now, too.  Thanks for noting this.

> creation of check_http failes for not defined symbols:
>
>         /bin/ksh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link /nagios_packages/nagios-plugins-1.4.9/build-aux/compile cc  -g   -L. -o check_http  check_http.o sslutils.o netutils.o utils.o ../lib/libnagiosplug.a ../gl/libgnu.a  -lnsl  -lgen
> /nagios_packages/nagios-plugins-1.4.9/build-aux/compile cc -g -o check_http check_http.o sslutils.o netutils.o utils.o  -L/nagios_packages/nagios-plugins-1.4.9/plugins ../lib/libnagiosplug.a ../gl/libgnu.a -lnsl -lgen
> recv                                netutils.o
> socket                              netutils.o
> send                                check_http.o
> connect                             netutils.o
> gethostbyname                       ../gl/libgnu.a(getaddrinfo.o)
> getservbyname                       ../gl/libgnu.a(getaddrinfo.o)

I guess UnixWare needs "-lsocket -lnsl" on the linker command line, you
could try setting LIBS="-lsocket -lnsl" in the environment.  Then, run
"make distclean" before calling "./configure" again.  If that solves the
problem I don't understand why the "./configure" script wasn't able to
figure that out automagically, though (it tries to do so).

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE