[Nagiosplug-help] check_dhcp No DHCP pool range

Divan Santana divan.santana at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:50:07 CET 2007

On Monday 10 December 2007 15:14:30 Holger Weiss wrote:
> Yes, I added this feature myself and it works just fine for me.  I'm
> pretty sure the problem you're seeing is not that "-m" doesn't work.
> You can check the DHCP server logs for whether the plugin uses the MAC
> address you specified.
>
> Did you try without "-m" (that is, using the real MAC address of the
> interface)?  Is the DHCP server running on the same system as check_dhcp
> (there's a known problem[*] with this setup)?  If not, is the server
> running in the same subnet?  Or are you using "check_dhcp --unicast"?
> Could you add "--verbose" to the check_dhcp command line and post both
> the command line you're using and the output you get?  If the server
> isn't running on the same system as check_dhcp, could you verify that
> the server's reply reaches the plugin's system using tcpdump(8)?

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your reply! Sorry for the late feedback.
I'm sure its just me not doing things the right way perhaps...

Problem I think is I am running the check_dhcp on the same system as the dhcp
server. I do use the -m with the -v (I think). The in the logs I see the
correct MAC is being sent and the dhcp reply and acknowledges the request but
the plugin doesn't see to see the response.

You said there is a known problem with this setup? What is the work around or
suggested solution? Is there a way to get this working?
--
Divan Santana

Gtalk/MSN:              Divan.Santana at GMail.com
Skype:                  DivanSantana

Love God, Love People, Love Life!