[Nagiosplug-help] check_file_age help

Erik Cummings ecummings at PathworksSoftware.com
Sun Dec 30 19:07:08 CET 2007

I had a problem like this on CentOS 5.  The problem was with mailq – I needed to give it SUDO no password – so that it had access to run mailq.  But it still wouldn’t work over NRPE.  Turns out that the CentOS 5 sudoers has a ‘requiretty’ set for all users!

I needed to add a nagios !requiretty or something like that.  Let me know if this is the case with you and I’ll look up my exact syntax.

Erik

From: nagiosplug-help-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:nagiosplug-help-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Rick Garland
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 11:16 AM
To: nagiosplug-help at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagiosplug-help] check_file_age help

Hi all:

Trying to work with check_file_age and getting the NRPE:unable to read output

What I am doing is

            check_file_age –w 900 –c 1200 –f /apps01/comergent/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/logs/catalina.out

If I run from command line it works but it is not working from nagios/NRPE.

Any feedbacks?

Thanks

Rick Garland

Sr System Administrator

Quantum, Corp.

8560 Upland Dr.

Englewood, CO  80112

office   720-249-5984

cell      720-210-4671

rick.garland at quantum.com

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum Corporation. Furthermore, Quantum Corporation is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.