[Nagiosplug-help] Passive control expiring time

D.Parise at iaea.org D.Parise at iaea.org
Wed Feb 21 18:06:45 CET 2007

 Thanks, I understood how it works:

You have to config both passive and active checks and you can configure
the active check to change the status if the passive message is too old.
Here is a sample configuration of a template:

define service{
        name                            passive-service
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        flap_detection_enabled          0
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              1
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        check_freshness                 1
        contact_groups                  admins
        check_command                   check_nsca!2!'No Message'
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        stalking_options                w,c,u
        register                        0
        }

Check_nsca is a command that use check_dummy to send CRITICAL with
description 'No Message'

Regards,

Davide