[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE Problem

Andrew aburns at premtech.com
Tue Feb 27 22:40:36 CET 2007

Hi,

I've installed NRPE on a couple machines (CentOS, Debian, and now
RHEL4) along with my Primary Nagios installation on a CentOS server.
All of the NRPE installations went fine with the exception of the
RHEL4 install.
I installed from source, and for some reason every time any remote
server attempts to access the NRPE daemon running on the machine, I
get the following error: "NRPE: Unable to read output".

I've made sure that I can connect to the RHEL4 server on port 5666,
the NRPE daemon is running and allowing connections from the CentOS
Server, neither the of the servers are attempting to use SSL, and the
CentOS server can tell what version of NRPE is running on the RHEL4.

Does anyone have any suggestions, tips, or ideas on how I can better
troubleshoot this situation?

Thanks,

Andy