[Nagiosplug-help] please some help!

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Jan 3 10:46:33 CET 2007

Iker,

This line of the configure is trying to test if your distribution
(Redhat based) has a problem with threads in nslookup - you'll have
to search the archives to find the problem.

./configure is trying to run lots of nslookups to see if your system
has this problem. The delay is probably because your DNS server is
responding slowly. Unfortunately, this was the only way we could find
of testing for this particular failure - if there is a better way,
I'm all ears.

Ton

On 28 Dec 2006, at 10:38, Coranti, Iker wrote:

> Installing the plugins, there is a moment that the "./cofigure"
> Stop. And i do not why.
>
> i´ve got installed previously Apache tomcat 5.5.20 and mySql.
>
> here you have what happends when i start configurating the nagios-
> plugins-1.4.5 whit nagios-2.6
> ------------------------------
> checking for snmpgetnext... no
> configure: WARNING: Tried /usr/bin/perl - install Net::SNMP perl
> module if you want to use the perl snmp plugins
> checking for quakestat... no
> checking for qstat... no
> configure: WARNING: Get qstat from http://www.activesw.com/people/
> steve/qstat.html in order to make check_game plugin
> checking for fping... no
> configure: WARNING: Get fping from http://www.fping.com in order to
> make check_fping plugin
> checking for ssh... /usr/bin/ssh
> checking for mailq... /usr/bin/mailq
> checking for qmail-qstat... no
> configure: WARNING: Could not find qmail-qstat or eqivalent
> checking for swap... no
> checking for swapinfo... no
> checking for lsps... no
> checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
> checking sys/param.h usability... yes
> checking sys/param.h presence... yes
> checking for sys/param.h... yes
> checking for sys/swap.h... yes
> checking whether swapctl is declared... no
> checking for swaptbl_t... no
> checking for swapent_t... no
> checking for struct swapent.se_nblks... no
> checking for /proc/meminfo... found /proc/meminfo
> checking for dig... /usr/bin/dig
> checking for apt-get... no
> checking for va_list... yes
> checking whether NLS is requested... yes
> checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
> checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
> checking for xgettext... no
> checking for msgmerge... /usr/bin/msgmerge
> checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
> checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
> checking for shared library run path origin... done
> checking for CFPreferencesCopyAppValue... no
> checking for CFLocaleCopyCurrent... no
> checking whether NLS is requested... yes
> checking for GNU gettext in libc... yes
> checking whether to use NLS... yes
> checking where the gettext function comes from... libc
> checking for redhat spopen problem...
>

> This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController.

> ---
> share your
> http://www.techsay.com/default.php?
> page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV________________________________
> ::: Please include plugins version (-v) and OS when reporting any
> issue.

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725