[Nagiosplug-help] check_ping critical you need more args could not pipe

Don Munyak don.munyak at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 04:21:30 CET 2007

SUCCESS !!!

I had that 1% of inspiration, due in large part to Thomas. And I
haven't even cracked a beer....YET, soon though, just to celebrate.

> > 1. Uninstall completly FreeBSD Ports Nagios/Nagios-plugins,

Using the ports system, I "thought" by just issuing pkg_add -r nagios,
that I had actually installed the plug-ins. I say this because they
weere listed in /usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_ping...yada, yada.

However, thinking "what-do-i-got-to-lose", I went into
/usr/ports/net-mgmt/nagios-plugins and preceded with make/make
install. This however errored out with a suggestion to run make
deinstall, then make reinstall...which I did.

Then,
# plugins/check_ping -H localhost -w1000,10% -c2000,20% -p1 -vvv

"I got pretty much the same result as Thomas"

Long story cut-short....Nagios is now working. I can now get on with
learning this awesome tool. Thanks and sorry for he noise.

~Don