[Nagiosplug-help] How to monitor gross assembly.

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Fri Jan 19 04:47:33 CET 2007

On 18/01/07 02:56 AM, Aritz.Lazkano at DaimlerChrysler.com wrote:

> Hi Nagios friend!!
>
> I´m new in the world of nagios. We have to do a proyect with nagios.
>
> In then proyect we must to monitor a lot of this like SGBD , free disck
> space.... and also gross assembly things.
>
> Into the gross assembly, we must monitor automatons(robots),
> controllers, WBs and PINFOs.
>
> Here is the problem, we haven´t found anything about this, we dont know
> if there is any plugin or if we have to create our script and how to do
> this.

There is some standard Nagios plugins that comes with this project
(nagiosplugs) and most Nagios installations starts with that. Once
you're up and running with Nagios you should try various plugins and see
what you can monitor with them. You may also find some useful plugins on
NagiosExchange (http://www.nagiosexchange.org/) but for more advanced
things you'll have to write most of the plugins yourself.

There's some standards for writing pluging that you will find in the
developer guidelines
(http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html). Plugins
can be written in any programming language, C and Perl being the most
common.

If you have to run local checks on remote machines you will likely need
NRPE (Linux, but there's a Windows port too) or NSCA (passive
monitoring; there's a Windows port for that as well)

Thomas