[Nagiosplug-help] "!" in SNMP Community?

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 22:16:52 CET 2007

My SNMP community string has a bang (!) in it.  How do I properly pass
the community string with the check_snmp module?  I've tried using %21
as suggested by FAQ ID F0157
(http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=157), but that doesn't
work.  I've tried escaping it with \, but then the service doesn't
even execute.  I've tried putting the entire community string in
quotes (""), but that doesn't work either.  Thanks for any tips.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in