[Nagiosplug-help] Problems with NRPE and Check_file_age

Bryan Bond bryanb at dblosvn.com
Mon Jan 22 03:23:22 CET 2007

I have recently begun using NRPE to get some information from remote Linux
hosts.

I did not have any trouble getting most of the checks set up and working
right (check_mem, check_load, etc) and they all provide the proper feedback.

I am having trouble getting check_file_age to work properly.

It works just fine if I execute the command line on the local machine just
as it appears in the nrpe.cfg file, but when I run it remotely, I get an
error of file not found.

Anyone have any insight on this?

[root at V0001-S001 plugins]# ./check_file_age -w 60 -c 300 -f
/home/player/path/Control/Monitor_PS_Enable.status
FILE_AGE OK: /home/player/path/Control/Monitor_PS_Enable.status is 1 seconds
old and 2 bytes

[root at monitor libexec]# ./check_nrpe -H 10.12.1.21 -c check_PS_Enable
FILE_AGE CRITICAL: File not found -
/home/player/path/Control/Monitor_PS_Enable.status

NRPE config file line

command[check_PS_Enable]=/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_file_age -w 60 -c
300 -f /home/player/path/Control/Monitor_PS_Enable.status

Bryan Bond
bryanb at dblosvn.com
800-962-2245