[Nagiosplug-help] check_oracle_instance.pl + No Output

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Thu Jan 25 16:10:00 CET 2007

On 23/01/07 03:51 AM, Prashant N wrote:
> hi,
>
> have a problem with check_oracle_instance.pl which returns No Output on
> execution.If i execute the command manually as the user nagios as
> :/usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/contrib/check_oracle_instance.pl
> -u user -p pass -c SK1 -a I get
> SK1: ok. Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
> .
> But the same as service is not working. The commands.cfg entry is :
> # 'check_oracle_inst_act_conn' command definition active-sessions
> define command{
> command_name check_oracle_inst_act_conns
> command_line /usr/bin/perl $USER2$/check_oracle_instance.pl -u $ARG1$ -p
> $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$ -a
> }
>
> where USER2=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/contrib.
>
> The services,cfg is :
> define service{
> use oracle-inst-active-sessions
> service_description ORACLE-INSTANCE-ACTIVE-SESSIONS-SeaKey-Staging
> contact_groups einsteins
> host_name sk1-oradb.mobiapps.com <http://sk1-oradb.mobiapps.com>
> check_command check_oracle_inst_act_conns!seakey!keysea!SK1
> }
>

> Please help me out in getting this oracle plugin working.
>
> If anyone can guide me how to monitor the clustered oracle instances
> that would be great

This is likely due to the embedded Nagios Perl interpretor. Disabling it
should fix the problem. Fixing the code would be a bit harder...

Plugins in /contrib are not officially supported by the Nagios-plugins
team. You may have more luck contacting the author of this plugin. He
unfortunately didn't left his email but you can try Google'ing his name:

check_oracle_instance.pl:4:#  Copyright (c) 2002  Sven Dolderer

Thomas