[Nagiosplug-help] check_ldap issues

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Thu Jul 5 14:47:45 CEST 2007

Hi John,
> I am having some issues getting this going on my new nagios install.  I
> get the error “could not search/find objectclasses in” (dc info)  The
> problem is that I change a lot of different stuff and I get the same
> error so I can’t exactly identify what part of the command is causing
> the error

It would have been very helpful if you had posted your command line.
However, have you defined a proper base dn? You could comment out the
ldap_perror line in ldap.c and call make again to get some further
information about the error.

I guess there should be a --verbose flag for check_ldap to execute the
perror function if sth goes wrong. Will set this on my todo list.

Matthias