[Nagiosplug-help] check_system_pp plugin

Robert Cole robert.cole at support4linux.com
Mon Jul 9 21:53:05 CEST 2007

I'm trying to use a plugin called check_system_pp to check processes and
ports that should be open and on the command line it works fine but seen
to run locally so I'm running it though nrpe as I have a number of
things running through that. The only think is this plugin has no real
parameters as its all edited and added to the script itself.

The problem I'm having is "(No output returned from plugin)". Since this
is the first script of its type I'm trying to run and I'm unsure of how
to get the result returned to nagios. The plugin is located at:
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Misc.54.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=634

I'm unsure of the setup for this plugin as documentation is sparse. Here
is what I have for services.cfg:

define service{
        use                             local-service
        host_name                       pacman
        service_description             Check critical running processes
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_system_pp!
        }

And here is command.cfg:

define command{
        command_name check_system_pp
        command_line $USER1$/check_system_pp
        }

And here is nrpe.cfg on the remote server pacman:

command[check_system_pp]=/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_system_pp

I'm unsure as to how to configure this plugin since it doesn't pass any
parameters. Anyone have any experience using this plugin or anything
like it?

Thanks,
Robert