[Nagiosplug-help] checking logs

Robert Cole robert.cole at support4linux.com
Tue Jul 24 00:28:42 CEST 2007

Do you mean checklogs2.pl? I couldn't find check_log2.pl on the
nagiosexchange.org site. check_log2 that I did find is a bash script
which I found the check_log2.pl script at
http://www.koders.com/perl/fid61E0D250D999B73B285F27D4FB037369C01ED25E.aspx
and copy and pasted it in and I can run it locally and it works but when
I try to let nrpe so its think I get:

NRPE: Unable to read output

Everything I can find on this says to check permissions and I have
encountered this problem before and solved it when I saw the nrpe.cfg
file changed back to root ownership but this time its not the case. All
files in /usr/nagios/plugins and /etc/nagios are owned by nrpe including
the directories themselves and I have other nrpe checks that work just
fine against this system but just not check_log2.pl. Any ideas? I've
really run out of ideas here.

Thanks,
Robert Cole