[Nagiosplug-help] Issue with check_oracle.

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Mon Jun 4 09:32:46 CEST 2007

> The nrpe.cfg file on my linux server has following code-
>
> command[check_oracle1]=ORACLE_HOME=/export/home1/ora920;export
> ORACLE_HOME;/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle1 --db LDDB3
>
> command[check_oracle2]=ORACLE_HOME=/export/home1/ora920;export
> ORACLE_HOME;/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle2 --db SUPE9IR2

why are you using two distinguished plugins? Are there differences
between libexec/check_oracle1 and libexec/check_oracle2?
Usually you can define command check_oracle1/2 using the same executable
(libexec/check_oracle)

> But for first instance its giving me the error message “command
> check_oraclee not defined”

The only thing I can imagine for now is that the nrpe daemon was not
restarted after adding check_oraclee.

hth
Matthias