[Nagiosplug-help] Issue with configuring HP-UX as remote client

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Tue Jun 5 15:37:00 CEST 2007

> But when I try to run nrpe on hp-ux machine I get the following error-
>
> $ /opt/nrpe/libexec/check_nrpe -H localhost
>
> CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes.  Are we allowed to connect to the host?

Attach to the running nrpe daemon using tusc, and see what it
complains about when you try to use check_nrpe on the HP-UX host.

I'm assuming you installed the depot from bennyvision?  If not,
you can try disabling SSL - the depots on my site already have it
disabled.

Benny

--
"I feel like I was mauled by Jesus!"      -- Philip J. Fry, "Futurama"