[Nagiosplug-help] How to use an external file with data

Marc Belanger sun.jedi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 23:12:50 CEST 2007

Without knowing the details, wouldn't it be easy enough to use cron to run
the commands, and use check_log to parse the local file created? Or,
depending on the parsing logic you require, use the exit codes of a custom
plugin script to shoot back to nagios. There is information on plugin
development at http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.htmlthat
pointed me in the right direction for custom stuff.

-Marc