[Nagiosplug-help] [Fwd: nagios 2.7 - 2.8 problem]

Di Giambelardini Gabriele g.digiambelardini at fabaris.it
Fri Mar 16 14:45:01 CET 2007

> hi to all, i have a problem with nagios 2.7.- 2.8 on redhat ES 4
>
> the problem:
> I have a plugin that check the write access for oracle tables, if I start
> nagios without any files in /var/log/nagios the check is ok, and nagios
> understand the return code of the check, but if i stop and start nagios
> and i lounch the script by hand it go well, instead nagios don't uderstand
> the retur code and give "error database". so i must stop nagios, delete
> all file in /var/log/nagios, start again nagios and all go well.
> somebody can give me some ideas fo this problem?
> I'll send you the nagios.cfg end the plugin

Hi to all, i success to found the exactly error.. the error is:
if i start-stop-restart nagios using "server nagios stop-start-restart"
nagios not understand any more the result of check.
if i reboot the server, and i have at te runlevel 3 S99nagios, nagios not
understand che result of check. On if i longin such a root user end then
louch /etc/init.d/nagios stop-start-restart, nagios work fine!!
some body have some ideas?? i try to set root anviroment in a script that
then lounch nagios, but nothing to do!!!

i resend you the nagios.cfg anche the check for database write_access,sh