[Nagiosplug-help] problem start nagios

Marc Belanger sun.jedi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:23:32 CET 2007

Hi hi,

Disclaimer: "Not a linux guy, so I don't know the paths"
You should be able to run (test really), the check commands from the install
dir:

root @ paranoid: cd /usr/local/nagios/libexec
root @ paranoid: ./check_users -w 3 -c 10
USERS WARNING - 4 users currently logged in |users=4;3;10;0
root @ paranoid: ./check_by_ssh -H ironman -C
"/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_users -w 3 -c 10"
USERS OK - 0 users currently logged in |users=0;3;10;0

Nagios does not need to be running to perform those commands successfully.
If Nagios is already running, you need the correct definitions in your
commands.cfg file (/usr/local/nagios/etc on Sun) as well as your
localhost.cfg + whatever *.cfg you are using for remote checks.

Lastly, you only need to start Nagios once via /etc/init.d/nagios
stop|start|restart ... its not part of the command line execution templates
or syntax.

I hope my reply was clear enough to get you onto the right path.

-Marc