[Nagiosplug-help] Problem compiling Nagios plugins in Solaris 10

Borja Gonzalez borjag at tid.es
Tue Mar 27 11:42:38 CEST 2007

I got it to compile using that option (--withouth-mysql), and then had
to do something similar when compiling nrpe, but this time disabling SSL.

Now I'm having problems contacting with the nrpe daemon from my nagios
host. The error message is:

CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes from daemon. Check the remote server logs
for error messages.

And searching through the logs I found my host is not allowed to connect
to the remote machines (Mar 26 21:52:21 orion nrpe[11492]: [ID 381997
daemon.error] Host X.X.X.X is not allowed to talk to us!).

I launched the daemon with the command nrpe -n -c
.../sample-config/nrpe.cfg -d, and added into nrpe.cfg my host's IP so
it's allowed to connect... I guess there must be a firewall I'm not
aware of...

Thanks!!!

Borja