[Nagiosplug-help] configure notification

Olivier Raginel nagios at babar.us
Thu May 10 08:53:04 CEST 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 04:21:37AM +0000, trevor obba wrote:
> Basically, I would like to receive only one alert when nagios server
> can not communicate with nagios plugin on client machine rather than
> several alert of all service being monitor.

> Bearing in mind that the host being monitor is up and still reachable
> via network but nagios server can not communicate with nagios plug-in
> on host due to high CPU or host being in single user mode.

It's not really plugin related, but anyway, here's how I've done it on
my servers:
1. Configure the check you think will be the one to fail, this will be
the one you'll get notifications for. In your case, it should probably
be the load of your server.
2. Make all checks on this host dependent on the one you just created,
telling it not to send notifications if the other test is in a critical
mode. I can provide you my config if you wish, but I guess the
documentation is pretty self-explanatory:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/dependencies.html

HTH,

--
Babar.